June 30, 2015

Make Up is for Ugly People

Or so I thought for the longest time.
Recently however, I have found myself liking the prettier girl in the mirror every time I have to put some on for occasions.
Does that make me ugly, I wonder.
Why must you paint your face?
Is it because you think less of your natural appearance?
Sure you're not the fairest, nor do you possess clear skin and it certainly doesn't bother you but is allowing yourself to indulge in an abstract sense of beauty under layers of foundation and streaks of eye liner an insecurity?

"I'm a guy. This is a woman's indulgence."
Okay well look at that photo you have on Facebook, the one in the suit and the tie and the well adjusted hair. You looked your best, eh? Yeah you like that picture. All the aunties that scowl at you when you walk around all sweaty and worm after a long day of college or a football game said you looked chikna that day.
Relate now?

"It is an indulgence for the vain" you claim, while you sift through the the clotheslines at pantaloons on off season sales in local or online shopping centres.

"It is an indulgence for the rich, the west" you justify, as you wait for an uncle to return from the States with your new wardrobe rolled up in travel bags.

"It's the bollywood bimbos and Bieber"
You shrug it away, and then scroll through your twitter feed and watch them flash their brands on TV.

"I am simple" you proclaim.
Sure.

"What's wrong with trying to look good?"
Nothing. Nothing at all.
But, you look great all the time anyway. Regardless of what you wear or do to your face. If you can't believe that, you must be ugly.

"What are you getting at?"
Hypocricy? Vanity? I'm not sure. I just woke up and I haven't moved. It's almost noon. I should brush my teeth.
Good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment